There is a proposal to hand Darell Primary & Nursery School over to an organisation called “Every Child Every Day Academy Trust”.
Who is planning this?
Not the staff. Not the parents.
There is a “working group” in Darell’s governing body. They met with a “Multi-Academy Trust” based in Surbiton and Ham.
In June 2016, at a meeting without our trusted teaching and support staff being involved, the governing body voted to hand control of Darell over to the “Every Child Every Day Academy Trust”.
Who did they talk to?
The governing body is supposed to consult staff, parents, carers, the local community, and other people who care about Darell. [Update: read why four parents resigned from the consultation group.]
But they applied to give Darell to the trust before consulting anyone…
- Who is the governing body trying to transfer Darell to?
- Is there a financial need to hand Darell to an academy?
- Why did the consultation group fall apart?
- Do Darell’s recent results make the case for a takeover by “Every Child Every Day”?
- What do the teachers and support staff think?
- How would Darell change?
- What are the alternatives?
- Would Darell be a local school?
- Would Darell become a private school?
- Does academisation improve pupil progress and attainment?
- How real is the “consultation”?
- What can I do?
CONTACT OTHER CONCERNED MEMBERS OF THE DARELL FAMILY: email@example.com
Reading on a mobile? Click on at the top of the page for latest news, email newsletter, straw poll and more.